Interesting People mailing list archives

more on interesting-people.org DDOS'ed

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:34:04 -0500

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:21:32 -0500
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com>
Subject: Re: [IP] interesting-people.org DDOS'ed
Sender: perry () snark piermont com
To: dave () farber net

> As you requested, here is the summary of what happened to the
> interesting-people.org domain for IP.

Does it strike anyone as amazing that the FBI seems to spend exactly
no time at all investigating things like the DDOS attacks that brought
down various anti-spamming groups, massive spam attacks that cause
technical disruption and are run by obviously illegal means like
breaking in to computers to launch them, etc?

Most of the spam I get is already illegal, either because of the
content or because of the means by which it was sent to me involved
multiple felonies, and yet nothing is done.

Perry