Interesting People mailing list archives

more on "U.S. May Ease Entry for High-Tech Workers"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:47:07 -0500

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:41:42 -0500
From: Marty Phee <mphee () jump-technologies com>
Subject: Re: [IP] "U.S. May Ease Entry for High-Tech Workers"
To: dave () farber net

How can people say that we need more H-1B visas with the number of IT worker
in unemployment.

>>anti-H-1B advocates claim, for instance, that
>>many American companies are replacing domestic workers with foreigners
>>because they are willing to work for less.
Claim?  I've seen it first hand.  The office I worked at hand over 100 IT
workers for a major oil company.  Within a year that number has dropped to
around 20.  Where did the jobs go?  Downstairs to an Indian company Tata.
All L-1 and H-1B visa holders.