Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Help! my Belkin router is spamming me

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:38:19 -0500

Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:19:38 +0000
From: Frank Wales <frank () limov com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Help! my Belkin router is spamming me
To: dave () farber net

Dave,

Having been caught shipping a router that tampers with the data stream
and permits remote config changes from the public internet, it would
appear that Belkin are now trying to spin things: the original Usenet
posting by a Belkin manager has been cancelled (but got saved here:
http://stevesobol.com/belkin.txt ); and there is now a message
hastily tacked onto their home page at www.belkin.com that attempts
to paint their current actions as "addressing customer concerns".

From the ongoing reactions I've seen in various places, I don't think
this barn-door closing will help to recapture their trust horse.
--
Frank Wales [frank () limov com]