Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Satellite Link Allows White House to Bypass TV Networks

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:56:58 -0500

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:40:10 -0700
From: bobr () bobrosenberg phoenix az us
Subject: RE: Satellite Link Allows White House to Bypass TV Networks
To: dave () farber net

Dave

My recollection is that the US Government is forbidden, by Federal Law,
from "propogandizing" the American public.  I recall being in a USIA film
several decades ago that I was forbiden to see...ostensibly because of that
legislation.

How come the Pentagon can do this?

Any attorneys out there?
--

Bob Rosenberg,

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against
selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs...And so if people
are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought
to be convicted and they ought to be sent up." Rush Limbaugh, Oct. 5, 1995.

I yearn for the day when eternal vigilance doesn't have to be quite so bloody
vigilant!