Interesting People mailing list archives

The last (AF) Concorde

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 12:28:17 -0400

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:24:31 +0200
From: Manu Iyengar <nanouk () mac com>
Subject: The last (AF) Concorde

[For IP]

Just a few minutes ago, I heard the very loud roar of jet engines, which is very unusual, since there are no flight paths over the city of Paris at low altitude. I poked my head out of the window and it's the Concorde, on its final approach into Charles de Gaulle, doing a special lap right over the city, very low over the rooftops. Special permission for a special airplane, for one last time.

The Air France Concorde fleet is grounded as of today. This flight from New York to Paris was the last. British Airways will continue flying its fleet until October. The planes will go to museums.

/manu

A BBC story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2952594.stm