Interesting People mailing list archives

more 2 on A fundamental deception lies at the core of the peace & justice movement

From: David Farber <farber () tmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:52:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: justin () justinrood com
To: tgoltz () QuietSoftware com
CC: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] 2 on A fundamental deception lies at the core of the peace & justice movement
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:50:48 -0800 (PST)

 If you grant that the present Iraqi government is violating the basic
human rights of the people living under it, what then is the acceptable
  mechanisms for solving this problem?

If our new foreign policy is to invade every foreign country whose leader violates basic human rights--we've got a lot more invading to do, so let's get this party STARTED. The sooner we topple Saddam, the sooner we can invade Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Syria and Egypt--and that's just
for starters!

For a more complete list of under-invaded nations, see
http://www.hrw.org/countries.html, Human Rights Watch's comprehensive
listing of human rights reports by country.

I'm ready if you are--but we have to start now, or else there's no way
we'll be done before the next election.

Justin

P.S. I condemn the French! Although I appreciate your argument that if
something happened a long time ago, it doesn't count.
-- Dave