Interesting People mailing list archives

1918 -- atypical pneumonia "fast and deadly" spreading in South East Asia

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:20:05 -0500

There is a danger that bears worrying about. We have ~ 300,000 troops in the
Iraq area most likely clustered together. If that new bug is at all
contagious, it could cause a major decrease in our capabilities and maybe
major loses.

No matter what you may think of the Iraq situation, it is worrisome that
history could repeat itself .

The sooner we find out what the illness is caused by , the better we will
all be.

Dave