Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Winston Churchill on Iraq

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:16:05 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Kazem, Don" <dkazem () nas edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:07:43 -0500
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Winston Churchill on Iraq

The article stated that:  "After the creation of Iraq, Iran and Palestine,
he wanted to create a fourth
political entity in the region, Kurdistan. "

I have no basis to question the authenticity of the article, but it would be
hard to believe that a British MP, and especially Winston Churchill's
grandson,  would claim that Churchill created Iran. Iran has been there for
over 2500 years which I believe predates Churchill.

In all fairness to Mr. Winston S. Churchill, the note at the bottom of the
article noted that: "This is adapted from a speech at the Houston Forum".

F. Don Kazem-Zadeh
Chief Technologist
National Academy of Sciences.
dkazem () nas edu