Interesting People mailing list archives

query re Delta's response to query re CapPsII

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:46:28 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Shawn Yeager <shawn () shawnyeager com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:40:31 -0600
To: dave () farber net, declan () well com, bill () boycottdelta org
Subject: Fwd: Other - Current or Future (KMM3864716V80137L0KM)

Dave, Declan & Bill:

I thought you'd be interested in the following reply to my request of
Delta to cancel my SkyMiles account on the basis of their participating
in CAPPS II. The Delta representative makes the following claim:

"Delta's role in the CAPPS II program will be limited to providing data
to the TSA that Delta already collects from
passengers as part of our normal reservations and ticketing process.
Delta is not running credit or background checks on customers."

Has anyone yet corroborated this?

Regards,

Shawn

--