Interesting People mailing list archives

an excuse for ??? Senator Hatch supports "damaging compu ters" involved in "illegal downloading" !??

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:17:04 -0400

Subject: RE: [IP] an excuse for ??? Senator Hatch supports
 "damaging compu ters" involved in "illegal downloading" !??
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>

Dave,

I've dealt with Ted Bridis frequently at AP and at before that at the Wall Street Journal. He's very careful and insightful. I cannot imagine him making this up. Plus, frankly, the Hatch statement is just a less colorful version of what he said at the hearing -- that if there's a way to stop piracy without destroying P2P users' computers, fine; if not, then Congress will try something more radical.

Stewart

-----