Interesting People mailing list archives

Gillette, Wal-Mart drop plan for radio ID chips

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:23:03 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

[Note:  This item comes from reader Monty Solomon.  The intial news
of Wal-Mart taking the step to use RFID got a lot of coverage.  This
backing away from its use to me is even of more significance.  I
remember attending a conference of mostly high-tech folks a few
months ago where there was a presentation on RFID and they had a very
strong reaction against the use of the technology for various privacy
issues.  DLH]