Interesting People mailing list archives

Microsoft's Patent Problem

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:43:25 -0400

It is fun to watch this suit .In the early days of InterTrust I was on their Science advises Board. Working with Victor was an education.I have strong opinions about the validity of the suit that sometime I will try to document

Dave

Subject: RE: [IP] Microsoft's Patent Problem
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>

The Fortune article is hype. Bring down Microsoft? Hardly. The company has more than $45 BILLION in CASH, not investments, CASH.

If this patent case goes entirely South, or looks like it is, the company will simply open its checkbook and pay this guy off and we will never hear from him again.