Interesting People mailing list archives

our latest findings about health and the internet

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:49:18 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Lee Rainie" <lrainie () pewinternet org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:38:53 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: our latest findings about health and the internet

Dear Dr. Farber,
The Pew Internet  American Life Project has just released its latest
findings about the way people get health care information online and the
impact it has on important health decisions. I thought you would be
interested in this material because our report is built around two things:

1) a survey of Internet users that asked about whether they had used the
Internet to get information about any of 16 major medical topics
2) information from 2,000 responses we got to a Web-based survey where
e-patients were asked to tell stories about how they used the Internet and
what difference the information made to their decisions.

Our report can be found at:

 http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/pdfs/PIP_Health_Report_July_2003.pdf
<http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/pdfs/PIP_Health_Report_July_2003.pdf>

Warm wishes,