Interesting People mailing list archives

Airline war use

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:39:35 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: gep2 () terabites com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:14:05 -0600
To: dallasdemocrats () egroups com, HomeOfTheBrave () yahoogroups com,
CitizensForLegitimateGovernment () yahoogroups com, dave () farber net,
DiehardDems () yahoogroups com
Subject: This is a pisser...

<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
To: gep2 () terabites com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:39:43 -0600

No matter what lies the Bush administration continues to feed the American
people, or the possible consequences, we are going to war against Iraq as
soon as March 1. How do I know? American Airlines sent an email to employees
this past week (my roomie is a flight attendant there) letting them know
that the Federal government has ordered AA to make at least 10 jets along
with crew available starting March 1 for "war use".

Now that is just AA...but surely every major airline in the US that has
international flight cpability has also received the same marching orders.
On top of all this, the airline is not reimbursed at all for use of the
craft, crew pay, or the lost revenue. Not only does this war have the
potential of ruining the US in the World's eyes, but it could finally drive
the major US airlines into bankruptcy.

Just a happy little thought I figured you would enjoy passing on, Gordon,
since I know your contacts are much more substantial than mine are.

<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->

Gordon Peterson                  http://personal.terabites.com/
1977-2002  Twenty-fifth anniversary year of Local Area Networking!
Support the Anti-SPAM Amendment!  Join at http://www.cauce.org/
12/19/98: Partisan Republicans scornfully ignore the voters they
"represent".
12/09/00: the date the Republican Party took down democracy in America.

------ End of Forwarded Message