Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Patriot II: The Sequel Why It's Even Scarier thanthe First Patriot Act

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:32:20 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Shannon McElyea <Shannon () swisscreek com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:03:45 -0800
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>

Dave,

This was sent to me from my mortgage broker and friend, who is a British
citizen with an application for US citizenship. He's pointing out two very
good points, which are frightening. I think it's something IPers should be
aware of.

And here's something I'd like to add, that seems to be the motto for our
current regime:

   "What good fortune for those that are in power, that people do not
think." - Adolf Hitler