Interesting People mailing list archives

last two on NYC

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:37:22 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Suzanne M. Johnson" <sjohnson () pobox com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:19:20 -0800
To: dave () farber net
Subject: small towns too...

Small US towns also participated in the Saturday peace demonstrations.

Minden is a Douglas County, NV town (county population is about 45,000.
Douglas is staunchly republican, and is located along the south shore of
Lake Tahoe and into the nearby valley.)  Planners for the local event
figured that maybe 200 people would turn up..closer to 400 appeared.
Ministers from several local churches participated.  The local Rabbi wanted
to participate, but she had a previously scheduled Bar Mitzvah and was
unable to attend.

Planners of the event are disturbed enough by Patriot I and II that they
feel it should be the topic of one of the next demonstrations.

http://www.stpaulssparks.org/COMMUNITYEVENTS/PEACERALLYMINDEN/VigilRpt.html

------ End of Forwarded Message