Interesting People mailing list archives

Time to become a vegetarian -- Safety Advice for Eating Meat

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:37:25 -0500

Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:18:05 -0500
From: "K.Ellis" <guavaberry () earthlink net>

At 12:41 PM 12/25/03, you wrote:
Safety Advice for Eating Meat

Also See:

+++++worth reading+++++++++++++++++

USDA Misleading American Public about Beef Safety
Article by Dr. Michael Greger.
http://organicconsumers.org/madcow/Greger122403.cfm

This link will take you to the home page of
every newspaper in America, state-by-state.
http://www.refdesk.com/paper.html#natnews

IS MILK WHITE BLOOD?
http://www.notmilk.com/deb/092098.html
 > Blood banks no longer accept human blood if the donor
 > has lived in England, recognizing that Mad Cow Disease
 > can be transmitted through the blood and infect humans
 > with Cruetzfeld-Jacob Disease (CJD).
 >
 > A cow filters 10,000 quarts of blood through her udder
 > each day, and extracts white somatic blood cells to make
 > her milk. Some call Milk "white blood."
 >
 > The protein particle responsible for Mad Cow Disease
 > (Prion) can then be transmitted from cow to human.
 >
 > One Holstein dairy cow from the State of Washington
 > has been detected. Was her milk pooled to make the
 > cheese or ice cream in my next meal? On August 23, 1997,
 > the London Times reported:
 >
 > "A 24-year-old vegetarian has been diagnosed with
 > CJD. Scientists fear that milk and cheese may be the
 > source of infection."
 >
 > One year later, The Lancet (1999 Nov, 354:9191) wrote:
 >
 > "Routes of transmission of bovine spongiform
 > encephalopathy have not yet been determined."

Deer Meat Kills Hunters
http://www.wildlifeprotection.net/deer/deermeatkills.html

Karen Ellis

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
The Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/

Hot List of Schools Online
Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

"Standing in the Shadows of Motown" Funk Brothers WebQuest
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com//funkbrothers.html

7 Hot Site Awards
New York Times, USA Today , MSNBC, Earthlink,
USA Today Best Bets For Educators, Macworld Top Fifty