Interesting People mailing list archives

Poindexter submits resignation

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 04:38:05 -0400

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:33:40 -0700
From: "Meeks, Brock (MSNBCi)" <Brock.Meeks () MSNBC COM>
Subject: Poindexter submits resignation
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>

Retired Admiral John Poindexter resigned his Pentagon research job effective August 29th.

In a 5-page letter dated Tuesday he advised his boss, Anthony Tether, that he would leave the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) on Aug. 29

Poindexter maintains that his Total Information Awareness program to delve into private U.S.citizens databases and the Futures market scheme were both misrepresented and misunderstood.

He writes, "I regret that we have not been able to ... reassure the public that we do not intend to spy on them,"