Interesting People mailing list archives

Sobig worm has hit the nets. WHAT I DID TO HANDLE IT

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:16:29 -0400

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:55:57 -0700
From: Rusty Hodge <rusty () hodge com>
Subject: Sobig worm has hit the nets.
To: dave () farber net

The latest and most annoying version of Sobig worm has hit the nets, and you're seeing it in your mailbox!

I have received over 400 this morning.

A brute force approach is to filter out any messages that contain "ee the attached file for details" (some say Please see and some say See, so the ee alone matches).

Also getting hundreds that say "Wicked screensaver" in the subject line, which I'm auto-deleting too.