Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Rivals Fault Microsoft Over Secrecy

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:55:44 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Hopper <ihopper () ap org>
Subject: Rivals Fault Microsoft Over Secrecy

<[DAVE---republish anonymously if you run it at all.]>

Hmm.  The AP site deliberately tests for JavaScript and refuses to
serve any content if it's disabled, instead directing me to a page
that snottily tells me I must have JavaScript to look at any page
on the site.

Since I refuse to run JS because of its appalling security
implications, you might consider reposting the entirely of
the story, in case others are in the same boat...  or
lambasting their web designers for their idiocy.

WHAT AND HAVE THEM SUE ME FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT :-) djf

------ End of Forwarded Message

You are subscribed as interesting-people () lists elistx com