Interesting People mailing list archives

D I T H E R A T I for 7 November 2002 - DF quoted

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:12:25 -0500

For the record, the interview was a rather long one and I said that if MS
and Intel try to screw the world, it is up to the courts and legislatures to
stop them. If any of you ever got interviewed, you know what an editor can
do to a long quote -- chop and simplify it.

I standby the necessity of the governments to stop illegal behavior and to
define what illegal behavior is. That is why I testified in the MS case. One
can try the marketplace, but I have limited belief that it will react in a
way that stops poor behavior. (note the rapid growth of windows products and
the trial).

No amount of crying within the technical communities will do much unless
they can be translated into political/legal/marketing power.

Dave