Interesting People mailing list archives

CDT tries to dispel odd tales from ICANN China meetings

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:00:04 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Jerry Berman <jberman () cdt org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:33:23 -0500
To: farber () central cis upenn edu (David Farber)
Subject: Fwd: Re: <[Update]> CDT tries to dispel odd tales from ICANN China
meetings

Dave---could you really please post this. Dumb and inaccurate
reporting about CDTabout and ICANN on the net.

thanks
Jerry

There were a couple of wildly inaccurate reports from small news
services about the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) and
the Internet Corporation
for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).

CDT is NOT "considering putting in a bid to take over some of
ICANN's administrative duties in March."

I think that it will come as no surprise to most of you that, in
fact, we have not even considered considering such an idea.

Please contact CDT Associate Director Alan Davidson, 202-637-9800,
if you see a related story or would like some more information on
how this false Net rumor began.

--

to ari () cdt org or call (202) 637-9800.

Detailed information about online civil liberties issues may be found
at http://www.cdt.org/

-----------------------------------
Ari Schwartz
Center for Democracy and Technology
1634 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20006
202 637 9800
fax 202 637 0968
ari () cdt org
http://www.cdt.org

--

Jerry Berman
Executive Director
Center for Democracy and Technology
1634 Eye Street NW Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 637-9800 Fax: (202) 637-0968
email: jberman () cdt org
http:/www.cdt.org/

                * WORKING FOR DEMOCRATIC VALUES IN A DIGITAL AGE *

--

Jerry Berman
Executive Director

------ End of Forwarded Message