Interesting People mailing list archives

WSJ article on the economics of spam

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:37:32 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Chris Gulker <cg () gulker com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:07:04 -0800
To: dave () farber net
Subject: WSJ article on the economics of spam

Dave-

If you or IPers ever wondered why they do it:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/0,,SB1037138679220447148,00.html

...recounts how a Florida woman makes $200,000 a year off spam. Her response
rate? One-thousandth of a percent.

Best,

Chris
--
Chris Gulker
cg () gulker com

""I'm just trying to make a living like everyone else," says Ms. Betterly.
Her e-mail marketing operation, she says, allows her to raise her children,
Chris, 10, and Craig, 11, and to spend quality time with them. "You can call
me spam queen, I don't really care. As long as I'm not breaking any laws,
you don't have to love me or like what I do for a living."
"

------ End of Forwarded Message