Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on sounds like too many Ipers went there :-)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:49:12 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Juan Cabanela <jcabanel () haverford edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:43:54 -0400
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: IP: sounds like too many Ipers went there :-)

Nope, sounds more like Apple needs to reconsider their bandwidth limits.

Apple is offering a great service, but they keep cutting it off if
you have more than a couple hundred hits (except for one user,
"steve").  If Apple can't stream a couple of photos to a couple
hundred users over a period of a few hours, they need to reconsider
offering online photo albums.  Admittedly Dave, you have a lot of
friends....but I can see someone not liking a post an flooding Apple
with requests to force their bandwidth limits to kick in...especially
limits NOT clearly stated in the iTools agreement at
<http://itools.mac.com/1/membership_terms.html>.

What makes a good criteria for knocking someone (temporarily) off
your free service?

Juan