Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Web Services - Promise v. Reality

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:17:03 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Jonathan B Spira" <jspira () basex com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:01:08 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Web Services - Promise v. Reality

Dave,

Recently, it seems that every magazine, newsletter and trade journal has
been talking about the promise of Web Services. Most of these, however,
completely disregard what  the decisionmakers in the trenches, making IT
projects happen, think about the promise and practicality of Web Services.

Along those lines, in conjunction with Amy Wohl and Internet World magazine,
we launched a survey designed to garner the views of IT and other strategy
decisionmakers on the subject of Web Services.

I strongly encourage you and IP readers to assist us in this effort and take
5 minutes to complete the survey at http://www.basex.com/survey/df

All participants who so desire will receive a copy of the survey results and
the executive summary of the full report as thanks for their time.

Thank you for your participation!

/s/ Jonathan

Jonathan B. Spira
Chairman and Chief Analyst