Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: PITY THE POOR VENTURE CAPITALISTS

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 11:52:39 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

PITY THE POOR VENTURE CAPITALISTS

Venture capitalist Peter Barris is worried that the high-tech hangover is
far from over: "You can just look at the numbers and see that another day
of reckoning is coming. We are going to have to go through another painful
trough." Why is that happening? Because, according to Barris, "we invested
in a lot more companies than deserved to be alive." And he's not the only
venture capitalist to have discovered existentialism: "The industry has
moved from a recessed state to a state of depression," Edwin M. Kania Jr of
OneLiberty Ventures. "We are in an existential crisis where venture
capitalists are asking, 'What is our purpose? Why am I here?'" (AP/San Jose
Mercury-News 30 Jun 2002)

<http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/3576927.htm>

------ End of Forwarded Message

For archives see: