Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: RealCurse of the RealOne

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 05:48:41 -0500

Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 22:28:37 -0800
From: "Janos G." <janos451 () earthlink net>
Subject: RealCurse of the RealOne
To: jg <janos451 () earthlink net>

RealPlayer, Real.com, RealWhatever has gone on the warpath and if you have
anything to do with them, they will *make* you take the new RealOne
service... for $120/year!

If you want to keep the current top service ($29) or get the free
RealPlayer, RealOne will keep popping up everywhere. It took me a long time
to uninstall RealOne, get rid of the premium service (which kept upgrading
to RealOne), and install the free service without which the *.rm files will
not work - they do not respond to other media players.

Although Real used to be a pretty good service, now I'd recommend the latest
Windows Media Player, which works well and - at least for now - doesn't beg
for upgrade money every minute.

Janos Gereben/SF
janos451 () earthlink net

For archives see: