Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Internet Society's INET'02 - It's A Go!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:02:03 -0500

From: Martin Burack <burack () isoc org>

I previously wrote you about the possibility of ISOC holding its 12th annual INET conference here in the D.C. area. Well, it's happening; INET'02 will take place June 18-21, at the Crystal City Gateway Marriott. We'll also celebrate ISOC's 10th anniversary at the same time. You'll be seeing official announcements, but I wanted to let you know now so you can set those dates aside and plan to take part. This will be an opportunity to rub shoulders with the world's Internet leaders and examine strategic issues confronting the Internet.

The theme is "Internet Crossroads: Where Technology and Policy Intersect." That's a perfect description of the D.C./Maryland /Virginia area, as well. Conference Co-Chairs Mike Nelson and Alejandro Pisanty are lining up some exciting speakers (there's still a little time for you to make suggestions). Program Committee Co-Chairs Francois Fluckiger and Hans Klein are putting together a program that is shaping up to be the best ever.

Let's help make this a financial success, too. Sponsoring INET will not only be good for ISOC and the community. It will be a good investment for your organization, which will get visibility and contacts from its sponsorship. Those of you who have already told me about possible sponsorship by your organization will be contacted. For the rest of you, please find out who in your organization, if it's not you, would be the best person for ISOC to approach about a sponsorship - large or small. Please send contact info (name, phone number, email) directly to:
    Mike Nelson <mrn () us ibm com>     202-515-5137   fax 202-515-5194
or  Martin Kupres <kupres () isoc org>

And set aside June 18-21 for INET'02; you'll be glad you did.

Regards,

Marty Burack

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/