Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: ****** James Bamford speaking at Berkeley Lecture: INTELLIGENCE FAILURES THAT LED TO THE SEPTEMBER 11TH ATTACKS [worth hearing him djf]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:33:03 -0500

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:53:49 -0800
From: Seth David Schoen <schoen () eff org>

Bamford is an NSA expert -- and FOIA expert.  His documentation about
the NSA inspired many privacy advocates I met at about the time EFF
was fighting the Clipper Chip.

----- Forwarded message from Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah () OCF Berkeley EDU> -----

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:30:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah () OCF Berkeley EDU>
To: Seth Schoen <schoen () loyalty org>
Subject: Lecture: INTELLIGENCE FAILURES THAT LED TO THE SEPTEMBER 11TH
    ATTACKS (fwd)

>From the privacy-invasions-don't-protect-our-security department...

Sumana Harihareswara
Student, University of California at Berkeley

"When the master has no tools, every hammer looks like a screwdriver."
                                --Steve Robertson