Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: VERY very interesting url

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:19:59 -0500

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:10:56 -0500 (EST)
From: "Mike O'Dell" <mo () ccr org>
To: dave () farber net
Subject: very interesting url

MS struggles to discredit Linux
By Thomas C Greene in Washington

What's cheaper than an OS you can buy outright once and install on every PC in your shop -- and upgrade cost-free for eternity to boot? Why, a slew of cheesy licenses for Microsoft Windows, 'Doze Division VP Brian Valentine claims in his latest cheerleading effort for his sales associates.

That's right; a putatively independent analysis by 'we'll-conclude-anything' whores DH Brown is going to rip Linux a new one and find that Windows is actually cheaper. How Valentine knows this is anyone's guess. Perhaps he has a mole in the Brown organization as good as the one we have in his. Or perhaps MS simply paid for it. We don't know.

<snip>

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/