Interesting People mailing list archives

last two on this .. More airport follies involving alchohol and pilots

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 04:56:36 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:45:42 -0500
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: More airport follies involving alchohol and pilots

According to this story, a Delta pilot failed a breathalizer test after
airport security screeners smelled it on his breath as he went through
security. He was prohibited from flying that flight, and re-routed as a
passenger to Delta's HQ in Atlanta.

Story at:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20021226&Category=AP
A&ArtNo=212260896&Ref=AR

Yet this week, a Comair passenger was arrested for 'disorderly conduct'
after quietly telling pilots "I hope you haven't been drinking."  He was
arrested, detained, and cited a $225 fine, plus he's being reported to the
FBI by the local sherriff's office.

Story at:
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/local/4808587.htm

I guess the moral of the story is that unless you are a newly-minted
federalized TSA Security Person, you're prohibited from making a comment
about the sobriety of flight crews, even if you're jovial, quiet, and/or
polite when doing so.

Perhaps a new TSA regulation will require a shot of Demerol and ballgag be
issued to all passengers (already in their TSA-issued hospital scrubs and
paper booties) prior to boarding, and anyone found speaking after the cabin
doors close will be subject to unappealable penalties according to the
absolute law of TSA and/or Homeland Security.

The hits just keep on coming....

Rick
Infowarrior.org