Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Covert airport-security inspectors 'grounded'

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:27:43 -0500

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27100

Covert airport-security
inspectors 'grounded'

Elite Red Team answering congressional mail instead of testing checkpoints
for weaknesses

5:00 p.m. Eastern

By Paul Sperry
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – The Transportation Department's elite team of undercover
airport-security inspectors
has been "grounded," a team member told WorldNetDaily.

Instead of testing checkpoints for security failures, undercover agents have
been tasked with
administrative chores such as answering congressional mail, says Red Team
member Bogdan Dzakovic, a
Federal Aviation Administration special agent for the past 14 years.

"We have been completely grounded," Dzakovic said. "We're basically doing
idiot work."

He says they spend much of their time answering letters forwarded to the
department by members of
Congress. The letters are from constituents asking about air-travel issues.

Before Sept. 11, the department's Red Team traveled across the country
covertly probing security at
major U.S. airports by trying to sneak guns and explosives past checkpoint
screeners.
[...]

------ End of Forwarded Message

For archives see: