Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on Google retaliates against comcast.net (fwd)

From: David Farber <dfarber () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:38:19 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Spannaus <tim () emdicium com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:13:42
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Re: IP: more on  Google retaliates against comcast.net (fwd)

Dave --

I am a Comcast subscriber, and while I can use the Google search engine,
Microsoft blocks me from sending mail from the Comcast domain to WebTV
subscribers.

This is the email I received from WebTV customer support after email to my
parents was blocked.

Thank you for contacting MSN TV.

We understand your parents are not able to receive your emails as you have
a comcast.net provider.

We regret the inconvemnience caused.

It sounds like your e-mail may not be getting to your parents because you
are sending it from a domain that has been blocked by MSN TV service. MSN
TV blocks certain domains that are known for sending large amounts of
unsolicited e-mail, or Spam. That is not to say that you are sending Spam,
but as long as your parents choose to leave the Spam Filter on, they will
not be able to recieve e-mail from banned domain names.