Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: end of string More On State Universities, S-2031, and Bayh-Dole

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:46:20 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Seth Johnson <seth.johnson () realmeasures dyndns org>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:15:32 -0400
To: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap () eros-os org>
Cc: dave () farber net, farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Re: More On State Universities, S-2031, and Bayh-Dole

(Dave:  *Not* for the list.  -- Seth)

"Jonathan S. Shapiro" wrote:

Saying that Seth was "flat wrong" was excessive. He
described some of the particulars of Bayh-Dole in a
way that was not fully accurate.  Specifically, he
said that Bayh-Dole *requires* patenting when it
does not. This was the main point of fact that I
wanted to correct.

Ouch.  Jonathan, *please* stop correcting me for errors I do
not commit!  You will find no such false statement or
"not-fully-accurate" description of the particulars in what
I said.  Read my message as carefully as I have read yours,
please.

You simply jumped to conclusions.

I undertook considerable efforts to address your comments
accurately; please do the same for me.

*Especially* given that in fact we are in such agreement --
to the extent that you have broached the need to repeal
Bayh-Dole.

Seth Johnson

--

[CC] Counter-copyright: