Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: I Strongly recommend all read this djf -- If we kill the Constitution the criminals win

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:10:23 -0400

From: "Dan Gillmor" <dgillmor () sjmercury com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>
-
http://web.siliconvalley.com/content/sv/2001/09/11/opinion/dgillmor/weblog/i
ndex.htm
An Act of Barbarism, and America's Response

In our fury, grief and horror, will we allow the criminals of Sept. 11 to
wreck the American republic? They will have won if we do.

They committed an act of war. There is no other way to look at these acts
of barbarism.
Now, as we hunt down their leaders and collaborators, and as we tend to the
families of the dead and injured, we will be tempted beyond ourselves --
tempted to abandon our rule of law and our Constitution.

http://web.siliconvalley.com/content/sv/2001/09/11/opinion/dgillmor/weblog/index.htm

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/