Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: I wonder how sleep deprivation may be affecting our gov't/country

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:33:46 -0400

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Metcalfe <capsmet () speakeasy net>
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: I wonder how sleep deprivation may be affecting our gov't/country

http://www.cnn.com/2001/COMMUNITY/09/27/wallace.otsc/index.html

Kelly Wallace is a White House correspondent for CNN. She joined
the CNN.com chat room from Washington, D.C.

CHAT PARTICIPANT: Kelly, How much sleep have you been getting
since the attack on America?

WALLACE: That is my favorite question. Not much at all, thanks
for asking. But I am not alone. Everyone at CNN, and especially
everyone at the White House, has been working around the clock.
The hardest shift happens to be the overnight drill. The brain
just doesn't quite function at 2:00 a.m. But, we are doing what
we need to do, very aware of the magnitude of the story and the
importance of getting it right and presenting information in a
sensitive and compassionate way.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/