Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Please read -- I am going to cut back mailings for a spell

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:53:30 -0400

We have had a rough time and I have flooded your mail boxes with items I
found important and representing the extremes of views and the middle on
the events of the past days.

I am going to go back to a more modest flood as normal and try to resume
the breadth of IP. Unless there are really important items re WTC etc I
will bundle a batch together and send it once or so per day.

I strongly suggest you pick your favorite foreign news source and monitor
it for a view on the way the rest of the world sees our struggle.  I like
www.guardian.co.uk and http://www.asahi.com/english/english.html among others.

Right before the crashes on Tuesday I sent out an item which I am sure was
lost in the emotion of the past events but which is also important to the
economic future of this nation. I will send it out again shortly and would
appreciate it if you would look at it and comment if moved. It is titled
"Sun Setting On Uncle Sam's IT Empire".

With sadness, fear  and hope,

Dave

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/