Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: For shame!!!!!!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:15:29 -0400

September 13, 2001

Crowd Protests at Illinois Mosque

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 7:36 a.m. ET
[ BTW in all the press noise I have yet to see the question asked about
what happened to our expensive intelligence community -- this took a lot of
pre-planning.  djf]

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) -- A perhaps predictable backlash hit several
communities as federal officials said there was mounting evidence that
radical Muslims planned and carried out the terror attacks in New York and
Washington.

Police turned back 300 marchers -- some waving American flags and shouting
``USA! USA!'' -- as they tried to march on a mosque in this southwest
Chicago suburb late Wednesday.
Three demonstrators were arrested, said Bridgeview Police Chief Charles
Chigas. There were no injuries and demonstrators were kept blocks from the
closed Muslim worship place.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Attacks-Arabs-and-Muslims.html

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/