Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Conservatives Sound Refrain: It's Clinton's Fault

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 18:03:40 -0400

Washington Post Staff Writer

Sunday, October 7, 2001; Page A15

The Sept. 11 terrorist attacks had been over for a few hours when Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) announced his conclusion about the root of the problem. "We had Bill Clinton backing off, letting the Taliban go, over and over again," the conservative from Orange County declared at a news conference.

On the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal two days ago, radio commentator Rush Limbaugh penned a column on how "Mr. Clinton can be held culpable for not doing enough when he was commander in chief to combat the terrorists who wound up attacking the World Trade Center and Pentagon."

<snip>

"It is obscene that Republicans who hate President Clinton are using this tragedy to launch further attacks against him," said Jennifer Palmieri, a former Clinton spokeswoman now with the Democratic National Committee. "I would hope the gravity of the task before us would enable these partisans to rise above their obsession with Clinton, but I guess not."

<snip>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17702-2001Oct6.html?referer=email

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/