Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Terrorists find unlikely allies in USA neo-Nazis from Sydney newspaper Mileage may vary

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:05:58 -0400

America's right-wing extremists have welcomed the September 11 terrorist attack as a strike on their enemy, the United States Government.

While the vast majority of Americans have reacted with horror at what happened, a number of underground groups have rushed to voice support for the terrorists. Others have called for militia groups to exploit the chaos the terrorist actions caused to launch their own assault on the state.

Billy Roper, of the neo-Nazi National Alliance, posted a message on his Web site saying: "The enemy of our enemy is, for now at least, our friend.

[http://www.smh.com.au/news/0110/02/world/world9.html]

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/