Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Intel and Broadband Deregulation ..

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:26:08 -0500

From: "Coppernoll, Julie" <julie.coppernoll () intel com>
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:49:51 -0800

Dave,
I work for Dr. Grove [ an old IPer djf] at Intel Corporation, I am his technical assistant.
Recently Andy delivered a speech that you might find interesting.  As the
writer mentions below, we (Intel) have been anxiously and energetically
pursuing a quicker broadband deployment plan for the United States.
Although many of the ideas in this speech may or may not have technical
merit, Andy was simply trying to make a point that we need to start
considering other options since the current cost of deploying broadband
nationally is somewhere between $100 to $300B depending on the study you
read.

If you are interested in discussing or have any questions please email me.

Here is a link to the transcript of the speech.
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/speeches/asg20011023.htm

Regards,
Julie Coppernoll
Technical Assistant to the Chairman