Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: a warning from the past

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:27:55 -0400

As too many "Americans" place the blame for 911 on Moslem/Arab origin US citizens and legal residents, it is worth remembering the past with a sad but all to applicable poem from a sad past.

Dave

http://www.hoboes.com/html/FireBlade/Politics/niemoller.shtml

First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.
by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/