Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: You'll love this

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:09:34 -0400

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:09:44 -0400
To: farber () central cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: Jean Armour Polly <mom () netmom com>
Subject: You'll love this

So Dave. Tonight I get a fax on the machine. It's from the company that does my totally cool Net-mom pens, the ones I hand out at book signings, trade shows, etc. The company, www.4imprint.com, does great work, and they are always sending out interesting new samples of fun products. Which brings me back to the fax, and I quote:

"Attention 4Imprint customers:
We recently sent out a customer mailing containing free samples of individually-wrapped Buttermints in a white envelope imprinted in red and black. You may have already received your sample package or it is on its way. Unfortunately the packages entered the mail stream before the recent anthrax scare and may have become crushed during delivery, leaving a yellowish-white powder inside your envelope.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if this mailing has caused you any concerns. Our only thought was for you to enjoy the Buttermints. If you have any questions, please call...<etc>"

I love the fact that the company took this extra step and faxed all its customers. I hate that they had to, though. I hope my Buttermints make it through intact.

JP

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/