Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: EFF: Debuts "Radio EFF" on Live365

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:14:44 -0400

Electronic Frontier Foundation Media Release

For Immediate Release: October 23, 2001

Contacts:

Patrick Norager, General Manager Radio EFF, patrick () eff org,
  +1 415 863-5459

Alan Wallace, SVP Communications, Live365, Inc.,
  pr () live365 com, +1 650 345-7400 x130

Electronic Frontier Foundation Debuts "Radio EFF" on Live365

Foster City, California - The Electronic Frontier
Foundation (EFF) has launched Radio EFF on Live365. Radio
EFF uses audio programming to help people better understand
how technologies and laws interact, impacting everyone's
freedoms and civil liberties.

Radio EFF's programming includes interviews and panel
discussions with the people who are on the front lines
defending freedom of expression in cyberspace. EFF staff
attorneys and activists regularly appear discussing ongoing
litigation and legislation that will determine the future
freedoms of the individual in the digital age.

"Having the ability to share ideas is critical to the
preservation of liberty.  Radio EFF and Live 365 are
working together to amplify the issues and events shaping
the future of freedom online," said Patrick Norager, Radio
EFF's General Manager. As more and more people learn about
their rights in cyberspace, these freedoms become more
difficult to diminish or dismantle. "Public education is a
significant source of our success at EFF. Through audio,
our message - and the message of freedom - can travel
farther faster."

"We are thrilled to provide a forum for the EFF, and to
help facilitate the important dialogue being offered
relating to the protection of civil liberties in the
digital space," said John Jeffrey, Executive Vice President
of Live365, Inc. "Through our broadcasting services, we
strive to provide an opportunity for any individual or
organization to use our tools to provide their viewpoints,
share their content, and exercise their right to free
speech."

About EFF:

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading civil
liberties organization working to protect rights in the
digital world. Founded in 1990, EFF actively encourages and
challenges industry and government to support free
expression, privacy, and openness in the information
society. EFF is a member-supported organization and
maintains one of the most linked-to websites in the world:
http://www.eff.org/

About Live365:

Live365 (www.Live365.com) is the world's largest
broadcaster of streaming MP3 content on the Internet and
rated by Arbitron as the No. 1 Internet Radio network.
Users can listen to tens of thousands of broadcasts
anytime day or night. Through innovative proprietary
technology, users can also create a one-of-a-kind personal
station to broadcast worldwide. Live365's tools (including
Meetings365 & Studio365) empower traditional radio
stations, record companies, government, city and civic
community groups with an easy solution to stream audio over
the Internet.  Live365 is both a member of the Digital
Media Association (DiMA) and a member of the National
Association of Broadcasters (NAB). Founded in July 1999 in
Foster City, CA, Live365 recently won the 'People's Voice'
award for "Best Music Site" at the Fifth Annual Webby
Awards.

                      - end -

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/