Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: some scientific readings on anthrax and smallpox as bio weapons

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:06:12 -0400

Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:07:16 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: Richard Jay Solomon <rsolomon () dsl cis upenn edu>

Dave: The Journal of the American Medical Assn. back in 1999 published two comprehensive reports on Smallpox and Anthrax as bio weapons and what we can do about them. It's too bad that Federal Government didn't act on their recommendations (we had two full years to stock up on vaccines and antibiotics for a minimal percentage of the $1.4 trillion that was returned to the taxpayers), but nevertheless the reports are worth reading now. Available online (kudos to the JAMA for not restricting access only to paid subscribers) at:

Smallpox:
http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v281n22/ffull/jst90000.html

Anthrax:
http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v281n18/ffull/jst80027.html