Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Generic alternative to Cipro - - at less than 10% of the price

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:40:26 -0400

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:36:10 -0400
From: "Paul Levy" <PLEVY () citizen org>
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: Generic alternative to Cipro - - at less than 10% of the price

When I circulated your posting from Dan Steinberg at Public Citizen, I was reminded that Public Citizen's Health Research Group issued a statement by Sidney Wolfe, Larry Sasich and Peter Lurie yesterday that pointed out the existence of a generic alternative to Cipro that can treat anthrax, with equivalent effectiveness, at less than 10% of the cost. The statement also includes a reminder about the contraindications for both Cipro and the generic, and a general discussion of responses to possible exposure.

The statement is posted on Public Citizen's web site at http://www.citizen.org/publications/release.cfm?ID=7096

Paul Alan Levy
Public Citizen Litigation Group
1600 - 20th Street, N.W.