Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Experienced Israel Shrugs Off Anthrax Letter Fears

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:08:51 -0400

Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:36:34 -0400
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
From: Monty Solomon <monty () roscom com>
Subject: Experienced Israel Shrugs Off Anthrax Letter Fears

Experienced Israel Shrugs Off Anthrax Letter Fears

by Jeffrey Heller
Sunday, October 14, 2001 9:49 a.m. EDT

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Long on alert for hate mail that can kill,
Israel pointed Sunday to decades of postal security measures for
coping with the likes of anthrax-laden letters which have sent
jitters through the United States.

With President Bush assuring Americans this weekend that "strong
precautions" are being taken after the scares about germ warfare
through the mail, the Israeli experience highlights what sort of
measures can be taken. "There are announcements at every post office
-- and I see them because I mail my packages myself -- saying any
suspicious mail should be given to the police to examine," cabinet
minister Ephraim Sneh said in a radio interview.

http://news.lycos.com/news/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=261982

For archives see: http://lists.elistx.com/archives/interesting-people/