Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: MS Front Page 2002 Licence Agreement: [risks] Risks Digest 21.68

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 18:51:43 -0400

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:58:22 +0100
From: Alistair McDonald <alistair () bacchusconsultancy com>
Subject: MS Front Page 2002 Licence Agreement

Slashdot http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/09/20/1443226 reports that
the latest MS Front Page licence agreement prevents you from any
anti-microsoft Web content with it:

I always click through licences these days, so I wouldn't have read it (not
that I'd install Front Page anyway), but what is the world coming to! Is
this legal in _your_ country?

Alistair McDonald       Bacchus Consultancy     www.bacchusconsultancy.com

  [UCITA (RISKS-21.27,45,41) seems to make this legal in those states in
  which UCITA has passed (at least Virginia and Maryland).  Incidentally,
  The Risks Forum tries to be an equal-disparager forum, but it is worth
  noting for the record that each issue is prepared using Gnu-emacs on
  Linux.  PGN]

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/