Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re:CANN to levie fees, for reduced influence.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:37:13 -0500

Karl is a Board member of ISOC
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:25:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Karl Auerbach <karl () cavebear com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, David Farber wrote:

> >From: "Judith Oppenheimer" <joppenheimer () icbtollfree com>
> >To: <dave () farber net>
> >Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:50:03 -0500
> >
> >Committee Advises Internet Overseer To Cut Role Played by General Public
> >Associated Press

You know, if the logic of the ICANN At-Large Study Committee proves
infectious, the United States might find it useful to eliminate those
pesky voters.  It *is* such a pain to have to deal with voter
registration, with campaigns, with public disclosure, with elections, with
hanging chad.  Certainly it would be a lot less expensive for corporations
to buy their legislators directly without having to try to influence
voters.  And think of how that money saved will improve the bottom line of
those corporate "stakeholders" and how it will trickle down to the
ex-voters.

May we never forget that "what's good for General Motors is good for the
country." - Charles E. Wilson, the former head of General Motors and
Secretary of Defense under President Dwight Eisenhower.

                --karl--

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/