Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: We're From the Government. We're Here to Help.:

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:05:35 -0500

<http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20011102-22126654.htm>We're From the Government. We're Here to Help. We've heard a lot lately about how the war has restored Americans' faith in their government. Some parts of the government, though, appear eager to squander this newfound public trust. The Washington Times reports that the Postal Service, on the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control, bought 4.8 million face masks to protect workers from contracting anthrax. But the Occupational Safety and Health Administration is blocking their use. "According to OSHA officials and regulations, the workers must undergo hours of training and pass a 'fit test' before they can be allowed to use the protective masks, which are like those worn by construction workers who install drywall and can be purchased at hardware stores."

http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20011102-22126654.htm

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/